Dear openEHR Colleagues,

At long last I'm pleased to announce some news to the openEHR community,
which I hope you will find of interest/value to you.

Those of you who know me, know I have been championing openEHR for quite
some time, I believe it is key to the future of healthcare.
You may also know that I have been an advocate for an open source
implementation of openEHR in action for quite some time too.

In my opinion if we want openEHR to truly transform the world of healthIT
and healthcare, we need to make the related tools very easily available
around the world.

So, building on some great work began years ago with Seref Arikan
(Opereffa) and aligned to the leading edge open source work of Pablo Pazos
with Cabolabs EHRServer.....
I'm very pleased to announce the public release of EtherCIS, as an
internationally leading open source example of the openEHR standard in
action, including support for AQL.
http://ripple.foundation/2017/07/ripple-foundation-launches-
ethercis-world-healthcare/

Over the last 2 years, the work to get EtherCIS to this point has been done
within the context of a broad open platform push (begun out of Leeds in
England).
Initially known as the Ripple Open Source Initiative, the effort has since
evolved to become the work of the non profit Ripple Foundation which I
lead.
http://ripple.foundation

We have supported the development of EtherCIS in the context of developing
and testing of a highly usable/open source "showcase stack", which we will
share more details on later.

For now I wanted to thank a few folk who have made this development
possible,
Of course the many many folk who have brought openEHR to the point that is
already at... you know who you are , I know many of you as friends and
again a word of thanks today.
Dr Ian McNicoll who has helped with his usual good humoured leadership of
the openEHR mission and supporting/overseeing the openEHR aspects to our
work,
Marand for their ongoing help with their openEHR EHRscape service which is
a key part of our Ripple showcase.
and last by by no means least..
Christian Chevalley without whom , this world leading open source example
of the openEHR standard in action would not have been possible.

Christian may wish to say a few words about his work here shortly, but
suffice to say Christian has put his heart and soul into this very valuable
work and working with us to open source this work, has gifted something
very useful to the world.
I appreciate all he has done to make this public release of EtherCIS
possible, which I believe to now be the leading open source example of
openEHR in action.

We believe that openEHR has been designed to support the needs of 21st
Century Healthcare.
We know openEHR is in action around the world and the change that is needed
has begun.
You may have seen some of our recent/related openEHR videos which we hope
you like and hope you share. http://ripple.foundation/news/

We believe the time has come for an open source implementation of openEHR
in action to take openEHR to the next level, around the world.
We wanted to share this news with the openEHR community to encourage you
and your colleagues to review all of our work and EtherCIS in particular.
We now invite you to review it, critique it, spread the word about it and
help us improve it.

We hope this news is of interest and value to your own work.
EtherCIS has arrived..
The time for openEHR is now...

Kind Regards

Tony

Dr. Tony Shannon
Director, Ripple Foundation   ripple.foundation
tony.shannon@ripple.foundation