Today I’m pleased to announce the release of Archie version 0.5.0. Archie is an
open source OpenEHR library for archetype modelling and implementing EHRs,
based on ADL 2, written in Java. This release brings two new features, one for
modeling and one of EHR implementations: Archetype diffing and validating RM
Objects against archetypes.

The diff operation extends the set of archetype modeling tools already
available in Archie. It makes editing specialized archetypes much easier by
allowing users to edit the flat form of these archetypes. It generates ADL 2
archetypes, including differential paths for more compact specialized
archetypes and it adds sibling order markers to support reordering nodes in
specialized archetypes. Together with the flattener, archetype validation, ADL
serialization and BMM models, Archie now includes a full set of features to
create archetype modelling tools. We are using Archie ourselves to create an
ADL 2 archetype modeling tool. Limited early access is available by sending me
an e-mail.
The RM Object validator validates objects against archetypes, and allows for
validation of user input against clinical models.

The library can be found at https://github.com/openehr/archie under the Apache
2 license, and is available through Maven Central.

Regards,

Pieter Bos
Nedap Healthcare