On Wed, Oct 10, 2018, 07:10 David Moner <dam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> El mié., 10 oct. 2018 a las 11:52, Seref Arikan (<
> serefari...@kurumsalteknoloji.com>) escribió:
>

>> Obligatory moaning for the millionth time: All of this confusion stems
>> from lack of a formal model defining AQL semantics. I used tree pattern
>> queries in my research so I can use those to explain aql, but as it stands
>> the standard we have does not have this so users will keep getting
>> confused.
>>

> This. A query language is more than just a syntax. And probably we don't
> need to invent different behaviors than technologies that already work
> (XPath/XQuery, for example)

That is exactly why I didn't implement AQL yet, the spec should include
syntax, behavior, semantics and result sets defined. And lots of examples
of those things combined. Because impregnada should include parser+engine
and the parser is the simple part. Until we have that all implementations
will have differences when querying the same database.