-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Heard [mailto:sam.he...@bigpond.com]
Sent: Friday, 24 October 2003 11:00 AM
To: Tim Churches
Subject: RE: Re: Pathology requirements TEXTURAL RESULTS TO QUANTITIES

Tim

As we seek to achieve automatic processing of some of the data in the EHR
there will be clear efficiencies in changing some conventions. For instance,
RBC/HPF = 0 is very easy to understand. They are not usually 'seen' anyway
any more so why pretend. What I was getting at is when a numeric response is
there - but wrong - and a textural entry replaces the quantity - as in
'haemolysed'. I am proposing that the archetype node to do this is not the
same as the quantity - so it would replace it. It would then not come back
in queries looking for K+ levels.

Tom and I have thought about ranges as fuzzy quantities e.g. >100 or <0.5 -
these are possible in all analytes in practice but rarely met.

Thanks, Sam

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org