Bhupinder Singh <bobdog at sancharnet.in> wrote:

> Can we not work on a UNITS module where a test can be attached to a number
> of units where the conversion is not available. A clinician does not want to
> have to relearn the unit for the convenience of the application.

I wonder if units should be considered part of a localsation profile?
Currently you can specify units in an archetype in two ways:

a) as the actual units you want to allow, e.g. units matches {"mm[Hg]"}, units
matches {"km", "mi"}

b) property matches {"pressure"}, property matches {"length"}

A nice alternative that Sam has thought of is:

c) property matches {FORCE/LENGTH^2} -- same as pressure
property matches {LENGTH/TIME}

We are currentl working on including this in ADL.

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org