Philippe, Sam et Al :

Seeking clarification ..

Is it true to say :
the real distinction between an Archetype and an Ontology is that -
the role of an Archetype (item) is to provide contextual constraints
the role of an Ontology (item) is to provide conceptual constraints

an Ontology (item) concept can be applied as an Archetype (item) constraint

an Ontology item must have object oriented properties e.g. it is composed
an Archetype item must have data (info) properties e.g. it has a type

a Set of Archetype items (whether or not linked to a template) may have
info properties that are the equivalent of a particular Ontology (but not
explicitly asserted)

carl

<quote who="Philippe AMELINE">

--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums