Dear all

I have been thinking about the date/time measurement with regard to
interval measurements in the HISTORY class (used in OBSERVATION)

Consider a maximum temperature measured over a 12 hour period - or an
average. At the moment the date/time will be the beginning of the 12 hr
period.

My suggestion is that clinicians will record this at the end of the 12
hours and the date/time should reflect this.

That is to say:

a 12hr maximum temperature of 36 C over the period 0600-1800 on 2004 Jan
  01 should be:

2004 Jan 01 1800  12hr max Temperature = 36 C

and not

2004 Jan 01 0600  12hr max Temperature = 36 C

One could argue that this is easy to do computationally...I agree. But I
argue that the default data should be the most meaningful.

Feedback? I would like to put in a Change Request if this is not
contentious.

Cheers, Sam

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org