Op donderdag 10 maart 2005 08:02, schreef Gerard Freriks:
> Hi,
>

> As convenor of CEN/TC251wg1 responsible for the EN13606 EHR standard
> I'm reading with interest the e-mail exchanges.
>
> It is good to understand that:
> - the EN13606 EHR standard is a European standard that contains several
> open ends (optionalities, abstract data types instead of implementable
> data types, etc)
> - the application of the standard needs an Implementation Specification
> that is valid in a certain domain.
>
> Discussions like these between implementers are very valuable.
> a) they result in implementation specifications.
> b) they inform the standards makers and help improve the standard.
>
> I support Thomas idea to summarise important threads and store them in
> a FAQ repository.
> This will help produce localised Implementation Specifications.

Very good, Gerard, me too, can support this idea, difficult about a not fully
completed standard is that the interfaces will change, but I can survive
that.
On the other hand, localised specifications could make international traffic
of medical data complicated, but I guess, wise men and wise women find
solutions for that.
Also will be good that CEN reports back, f.e. to this list, that there are
changes, extensions, etc.

A good idea would be if there would come a CEN specific and if possible, a
developer-oriented public website, maybe for a small fee, if necessary. This
would very much stimulate organisations and companies to implement the
standards. I wouldn't mind CC-ing my questions to two lists, if necessary in
the beginning when not many are using the new list.

Thanks for your attention

Regards
Bert Verhees

--