Actually I suggested Import_Commit_Audit not Local_Commit_Audit.

Heath

  _____

From: owner-openehr-techni...@openehr.org
[mailto:owner-openehr-technical at openehr.org] On Behalf Of Sam Heard
Sent: Wednesday, 8 March 2006 3:55 PM
To: Openehr-Technical
Subject: Version and commit

Dear All

Heath and I have been discussing issues about commiting and attesting data.
We want to be able to attest something that is immutable - the data of the
composition and the commit details. There are two types of versioned data
(page 41 of the Common IM) - the Version and the imported version.

The parts that need to be immutable are:

*       UID

*       preceding_version_id

*       lifecycle_state

*       create_audit - (presently a function which calls the commit_audit if
not imported and the original_create_audit if it is imported)

*       data

In the Ocean implementation we store the composition as a blob and would
like to store everything that is immutable - nothing that changes (e.g.
attestations, contribution ID etc). I have proposed that this set of
attributes makes up the X_Version - that information to send as part of an
extract - as it is unchanging. Heath is keen to have the Version be able to
deal with this and store it consistently - he would like to make the
reference model deal with this more elegantly. He has suggested that we
change what is now called commit_audit to create_audit and change the
IMPORTED_VERSION original_create_audit to local_commit_audit.

This would mean that commit_audit became a function on each class (now
called create_audit) returning the create_audit on the VERSION and the
local_commit_audit on the IMPORTED_VERSION.

Any ideas - it is a very minor change but I think meets both our needs.

Cheers, Sam

--

Dr. Sam Heard
MBBS, FRACGP, MRCGP, DRCOG, FACHI

CEO and Clinical Director
Ocean Informatics Pty.  <http://www.oceaninformatics.biz/> Ltd.
Adjunct Professor, Health Informatics, Central Queensland University
Senior Visiting Research Fellow, CHIME, University College London
Chair, Standards Australia, EHR Working Group (IT14-9-2)
Ph: +61 (0)4 1783 8808
Fx: +61 (0)8 8948 0215