The OpenEHR documentation is pretty good, but here  are some other links:

Book: "Person-Centered Health Records: Toward HealthePeople",
Demetriades, Kolodner, Christopherson (editors).  I have the book.
Contains a collection of writings from various authors on the subject.
Great read.  David Forslund, who posts to this list, co-authored chapter
12 with Dipak Kalra.

Also check out
        http://www.chcf.org/search/index.cfm?qt=open+source
        http://www.chcf.org/topics/view.cfm?itemID=119091
        http://www.chcf.org/documents/ihealth/OpenSourcePrimer.pdf

Those readings will give you the 50,000 foot view and some suggestions
for system designs.  You might alo

Good luck!

Richard Schilling
Cognition Group, Inc