Ok, I'll do that.

Thank you Thomas.

Cheers,
Pablo.

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:59:22 +0000
From: thomas.be...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org
Subject: Re: Why ISM_TRANSITION of an ACTION is mandatory?

pablo pazos wrote:

  Hi
Thomas,

  In our implementation of a
Trauma EHR, we don't have an explicit state machine with the status of
the action to work with, we only have a record of what was done.
Trauma is a quick care act, and the physicians only want to check what
actions they do on the patient, and in this case the description of the
care act is enough for our record detaile level.
I understand in something like give medication in an ICU has to follow
a state machine for what was planned, active, suspended, etc, but in
trauma a medication is given without a plan and is a one time thing, so
it can't be suspended or cancelled.

In this case I would suggest that the state be marked as 'completed'.
This ensures that later queries over the same patient record don't
return these medications or interventions as being active or ongoing in
any way.

Windows Live: Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when they e-mail
you.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_3:092010