From: sam.he...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org; openehr-clinical at openehr.org
Subject: RE: Modeling reference ranges
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:42:33 +0930

Hi Pablo

The issue is that you do not see the reference model attributes
in the archetype editor. A Quantity data type has a normal range and other
reference ranges built in.

We do not set the reference ranges in archetypes as these vary
and archetypes are the absolute statement about things (what could possibly be
true ever, anywhere).

So it is in the form or data that you will get access to the
reference range. You could set it in a template (not possible in our tools as
yet). Generally the reference ranges come with the results from the lab or a
dynamic depending on gender, age etc.

I hope this is helpful ? have a look at the data type
specs for clarification. The UML is at:

http://www.openehr.org/uml/release-1.0.1/Browsable/_9_0_76d0249_1109599337877_94556_1510Report.html

You will see an optional normal_range and 0..* other reference
ranges as part of a root abstract class DV_ORDERED

Cheers, Sam