I know that a draft is supposed to change, even big breaking changes.
what I don't like is the idea of not being able to describe what I am
using in my system or even describe it and everyone thinking is
another completely different thing

I think the main problem here is that we are using a single axis
identifier (v1...) to describe a process that is two axis or more (v1
draft, v2 published)