Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:16:55 +0100
From: thomas.be...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org
Subject: Re: Wrong C_DOMAIN_TYPE subclass C_CODED_TEXT in aom and aom1.5?

    On 08/12/2011 16:56, pablo pazos wrote:

        Hi,

        I'm
            working with archetypes that have DV_CODED_TEXT nodes, and
            those nodes are always constrained by C_COMPLEX_OBJECT, not
            by C_CODED_TEXT. And the internal constraint is
            C_CODE_PHRASE.

        Is
            there any case that use the C_CODED_TEXT constraint instead
            of the combination of C_COMPLEX_OBJECT/C_CODE_PHRASE?

          Thanks!

          --

        Hi Pablo,

        there are three C_xxx special types, that allow CODE_PHRASE,
        DV_QUANTITY and DV_ORDINAL to be more conveniently constrained
        than if the standard C_COMPLEX_OBJECT approach were used:
        C_CODE_PHRASE, C_DV_QUANTITY and C_DV_ORDINAL. These types are
        described in the openEHR
          Archetype Profile (There is no C_CODED_TEXT type defined
        there). Our experience is that these types are used nearly
        universally because they express the typical semantics much more
        easily that the standard ADL would. The parent class
        C_DOMAIN_TYPE is the plug-in point for more such classes.