Hi Ian,

> So, my question back, is
>
> "What sort of support would you like to see, given that significant
> central resourcing is not likely in the short term?"

I think we (local/regional organizations working with and on openEHR) need
formal support from the openEHR fundation.

One basic form of support is to recognize the local/regional openEHR
organizatons as such.
Other is to recognize our contributions to the community, like mentioning our
work on presentations, publications and other public communications (I think a
public communications strategy should be traced by openEHR foundation).

If we think of money, there are ways of money support without giving real
money: we need software tools (archetype & template editors), we need access to
events far away, we need books, educational resources, etc, etc.

The foundation should draw yearly general goals, to the openEHR project as a
whole, and to the local/regional representatives. And should follow and
coordinate the work and evaluate the results. Those goals could be technical,
educational, communicational, among other kinds.

Here is a related thread with some other ideas:
http://www.openehr.org/mailarchives/openehr-implementers/msg00889.html

What do you think?

Regards,
Pablo.