Doesn't this create problems while using archetypes/templates as basis for
the generation of data instances?

I mean, a computed attribute (for example, the EVENT offset) gets its value
from already existing values or attributes of the instance class (in this
example, from the time and the parent.origin). We should not create the
instance if data is not valid regarding the archetype/template, but we
cannot check the validity of the constrained offset while we don't have the
instance complete. It seems somehow a vicious circle. An assertion here is
clearly preferable, since by definition it is only applied to existing
instances.

David