Very interesting thoughts Tom!

My initial impression of the proposal is very positive. If I understand
things correctly this will enable shorter and more
readable serializations not only in ADL but also in other formalisms.

If we consider ADL being a
DSL<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain-specific_language> mainly
targeted for constraining health-related RMs then simplifications towards
that goal are welcome.

The only potential catch is implementation issues. Have you already tried
implementing a parser for this in some language? (If so, please provide a
link.) I guess the suggestion could make some implementation parts easier
and some a bit trickier.

Best regards,
Erik Sundvall
LiO: erik.sundvall at lio.se http://www.lio.se/Verksamheter/IT-centrum/
LiU: erik.sundvall at liu.se http://www.imt.liu.se/~erisu/

P.s. [/daydreaming] It might be interesting to connect a future updated AOM
1.5 in Java with (de)serialization using Jackson, see
https://github.com/FasterXML Jackson already supports several highly
configurable serialization format options, perhaps ADL or ODIN databindings
would be possible too ;-) RM bindings might be a more interesting use case
than AM bindings though...