Hi Thomas & Pablo,
I am finding the words in the this discussion ambiguous, and the specification
does help to clarify. Here is my interpretation of AUDIT_DETAILS.system_id.

I have an EHR service, which is used by two different application, one is a
hospital system and another a mobile application that may not be related to the
hospital system but share the same EHR service. When the hospital system and
mobile application commits something they are using the same system_id, the
system_id of the EHR service. If there is an exchange of data between this EHR
service and another organisations EHR service via an EHR extract, the system ID
will be used in the other organisations EHR service to identify that the commit
was performed in the original organisations system_id.

Therefore, the system_id identifies the system that is assigning version
identifiers in the EHR repository, i.e. the AUDIT_DETAILS.system_id matches the
system_id component of the version.uid. This is important for distributed
versioning.

So in Pablo's scenario, it is one system of multiple components with multiple
components sharing the same EHR service, the mobile and the EMR would use the
same system_id.

Has my interpretation been wrong for 10 years? If so, then we need clarity
added to the specification.

Heath