Dear Pablo,

This function originated from the need to support countersignature. There are a
number of clinical documents that need to be signed by more than one person,
such as a consent form, the report of an operation, or the authorisation to
detain a person in a mental healthcare institution. When evolving to a more
electronic solution for capturing consent, and other situations where a legal
record of care decisions or actions might need more than one signature, we felt
we should provide for the possibility that a composition might need to be
attested by more than one person.

With best wishes,

Dipak
Dipak Kalra
Clinical Professor of Health Informatics
Centre for Health Informatics and Multiprofessional Education
University College London

President, The EuroRec Institute
Honorary Consultant, The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, London

On 14 Nov 2014, at 21:14, Thomas Beale <thomas.beale at