Subject: Commits and Contributions
From: pablo pazos <pazospa...@hotmail.com>
To: openeh technical <openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org>
CC:

Hi, I'm working on EHRServer, trying to improve how the XML is committed and
processed to simplify querying.

Right now I have a web app that commits a list of VERSIONs to the EHRServer.
That service is based on the Ocean's commitContribution service
http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/spec/Ocean+Informatics+EHR+Service+Interface

The CONTRIBUTION instance for the committed VERSIONs is created by the
EHRServer, but the VERSIONs come in XML format. Looking at the openEHR XSDs,
each VERSION needs an OBJECT_REF to a CONTRIBUTION. Since the CONTRIBUTION is
created by the EHRServer, the VERSION XML doesn't have the OBJECT_REF, so it's
invalid against the openEHR XSDs.

What can I do?

1. Create the CONTRIBUTION at the client side and commit both, CONTRIBUTION and
VERSIONs.
2. Add dummy XML to each VERSION just to pass the XSD validation.
3. Modify the openEHR schemas to add minOccurs=0 to the version.contribution
element.
4. Other?

Why I think these solutions are not so good:

1. IMO the role of the server is to create the CONTRIBUTION, because it's like
a log for the commit, also the Ocean's service doesn't receive a CONTRIBUTION
object.
2. I don't like adding stuff I will not use but seems the less problematic
solution.
3. For me this is terrible, I want to play with the openEHR rules, not make my
own, but it is just for the commit, so if I want to send compositions to an
external system, that will be valid against the original openEHR XSDs because
in the EHRServer I have the CONTRIBUTION.

What do you think? Do you have a better solution? Thanks!

--
Kind regards,
Eng. Pablo Pazos Guti?rrez