Hi Silje,

The PARTICIPATION class <http://www.openehr.org/releases/RM/latest/docs/common/common.html#_overview_3> has a codable attribute 'function' for this purpose (calling it 'function' rather than 'role' came from 13606). It may be that you want to state a 'role' as well, i.e. to say that a certain /kind of person/ is required, and then use function to state the actual function that person is supposed to do in the particular activity in question.

I would have expected 'function' to be sufficient for your example - just use 2 x other_participations on the OBSERVATION.

An example of needing both could be something like:

 * role = nurse
 * function = foley catheterisation

Currently 'role' is only known in the demographic model, i.e. on the other side of the PARTY_PROXY.external_ref link. It may make sense to add a role attribute to PARTICIPATION at some point if we need to distinguish the type of person (qualification) from what they do in the activity.

- thomas