Hi Bjorn,

Thanks - it makes much more sense in the context of Adverse reaction but
TBH I still doubt very much if this 'provenance' source metadata is
captured or known reliably. I asked a couple of UK GP colleagues and they
agreed. I would argue that this data a) often not available b) unreliable
c) a pain in the neck to manage and d) not something you ever want to do
decision support on.

If an allergy has been asserted, it needs to be regarded as positive and
kick decision support into life, no matter how vague the provenance or
potentially unreliable the witness.

But hey, that's what the extension slot in the archetype is for :)

Ian

Dr Ian McNicoll
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994