On 21-03-18 13:57, Thomas Beale wrote:

although 'month' is not a scientific notion (it's not constant), we do treat it as a data type or unit in /social date time types/, which is what we are mostly dealing with, and what the types DvDuration, DvDate etc correspond to.

For scientific durations, use DvQuantity, and then you have a Real + units, e.g. 205ms, 89ns, 4.5min etc

So I think it is quite right to standardise these two notions in the RM, and also if we can, a standard model of 'time specification' which is the '3 times/day' kind of idea. We still don't have a good solution for this last one.

What is the problem with the Calendar type?