Thanks, would you say then, this definition of context sounds similar to
the electronic health record concept openEHR is built on?

As in, providing a core EHR concept
<http://www.openehr.org/releases/RM/latest/docs/ehr/ehr.html#_ehr_package>
exposed by APIs?

If you have an application without this concept or based on an organic
implementation of this concept, then SMART would make sense.

I cannot see the use for it when using openEHR, based on your definition of
its real value, since there is no diverging or non-existent context here.
I think SMART would help in scenarios where you must mimic a platform on
top of a number of black boxes, which is not the case with openEHR. This
also sound like the answer to Brian's question, thanks to your kind
response.

I'll leave it to others (who know SMART and openEHR) to compare the depth
and robustness of context provided by SMART with openEHR's EHR model.

All the best
Seref