On 29-06-18 10:27, Thomas Beale wrote:

The intention is certainly a good one. It just needs to be the reference model and the Abstract Platform Specification <http://www.openehr.org/releases/SM/latest/openehr_platform.html> as the starting point.

I was thinking of the following.

We can "translate" the core-RM (which is to use in archetypes) to protocol-buffers definitions. These protocol buffer definitions are programming language independent. It should be possible to convert the definitions (in XML I believe?) directly to this format (with a small application).

Is this still maintained, or is there something else I should use? I could write such a small application. Would take me a few days when doing it in spare time.
https://github.com/openEHR/specifications-ITS/tree/master/RM/XML-schema

This would be a good start. Next task would be a small application which "translates" archetypes to protocol buffers. I was thinking this afternoon how that could be done, because archetypes are flexible to use, you don't want any archetype-code in the kernel. But on the other hand, protocol buffers demand compiled protocol buffer definitions. So archetypes will then be compiled for the sake of network traffic. This compiled code could have standard API calls to ask which archetype it represents.

I don't know how the feelings are about this.

Bert

- thomas