On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 04:03:28PM -0300, Pablo Pazos wrote:

> How would you map a "pharmacy drug dispense" task, where the patient comes
> with a prescription and a clerk delivers the medication packages?
>
> I was thinking this is clearly and ACTION, but also seems to be an
> ADMIN_ENTRY, since it is just a delivery of some product.
>
> I'm inclined to think it as an ACTION if this task alters the state of the
> prescription INSTRUCTION ISM. On this case, as a parallel question, I'm not
> sure if the dispense ACTION should be a final "COMPLETED" state, what
> happens if we want to record the patient's intake of the drug? Where the
> real "COMPLETED" is when the treatment is finished.

That might mean that some INSTRUCTIONs never get COMPLETED
until the patient dies.

It might help to think of shifts in responsibility: who is
primarily responsible for completion of a given action ?

- write prescription -> doctor
- hand out drug based on prescription -> pharmacist
- take drug as instructed -> patient

Each change of responsibility: doctor -> pharmacist ->
patient might warrant a COMPLETED state.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B