Contsys will update some definitions. They are now the base of their thinking,
but I am sure that will change soon.

Thanks, Gérard, for giving me the opportunity to make my point again. :-)

We don't call war a peace problem. So why do we call illness a health problem?

Normally I would not mention such a small thing. But the positive naming could
be standing in the way of a more holistic view. Healthcare is now about
care-for illness. Medicine is not always about healing. It are medieval
understandings in the way we still use them.

Healthcare must also be for healthy people

For example, food is important, not only for people with a disease, but also
for healthy people so that they do not get a disease.

According businessplans of tech giants, like Google, Amazon, etc,  a PHR will
contain a holistic view of the consumer (not patient). The PHR will contain
data from sport, leisure, diseases, yoga, food, everything related to health.
Not only the negative aspects, but all aspects. This change in philosophy of
healthcare is taking place quite some time now, but now reaching the upper
levels of society.

Preventing diseases will become a major way of spending healthcare money. If
insurance companies can keep their members healthy, they are saving money.

If companies do not start to change, they will lose their position on the
billion dollar market.
There will be a new business-competition. The patient will become a consumer
and will give new meaning to the word healthcare.

Change starts with using words in another way.

Now is the time to start with this. The world is changing fast, and we will
change with it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn Xperia™ van Sony-smartphone

---- GF schreef ----