I always admired OpenEhr for its ability to notate archetype-definitions and now also BMM definitions in any type.

I saw experiments in XML, but the official endorsed notation language is ADL.

I wonder, would it also be possible to write archetypes and reference-models in JSON?

If so, it would save us tons of code, no grammars needed, no parsers needed. Many programming languages support JSON out of the box, with only some annotations needed. NoSQL Databases often support JSON, and have their own JSON-path based hierarchical query-languages.

Venkat Subramaniam, who is a java-guru, said: "Don't walk away from complexity, RUN!!!"

But Einstein said: "Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler"

So the question is: Are there any technical objections to express archetypes and reference-models in JSON?

Best regards

Bert Verhees