Hi, OET is the source format for templates on Ocean tools, that is the one
that can be edited. Other tools might have a different source format or
support the OET.

The OPT is the final form, exported from different tools, like a big
archetype for full documents. Depending on the tool, those can or can't be
edited directly without the source format.

Best,
Pablo.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 9:15 AM Georg Fette <georg.fe...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not yet very familiar with templates and I only recently started
> digging into the documentation.
> One thing I encountered is the distiguishment between template (.oet)
> and operational templates (.opt).
> I played a bit using the oceans-toolbox and transformed some .oets into
> .opts.
> Although the oceans-toolbox seems not capable to reimport the exported
> .opts, it looks like both representations can be transformed into the
> other without loss of information. E.g. in the .opt some parts of the
> archetypes can be set to 0..0, but they still exist if needed to
> recreate the constrain that was used to model this 0..0 (which perhaps
> formerly was a 0..1).
> So my questions are:
> - Are the two representation really bidirectionally transformable into
> each other ?
> - For which tasks is which representations mostly used for ? Is it
> correct to say that the former is more appropriate for modeling purposes
> and the latter more for technical processing.
> Greetings
> Georg
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inf. Georg Fette      Raum: B001
> Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-85516
> Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
> 97074 Würzburg              mail: georg.fe...@uni-wuerzburg.de

*Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez*
pablo.pa...@cabolabs.com
+598 99 043 145