Hi,

Well, javax.sql.DataSource is a part of
%OPENEJB_HOME%\lib\jdbc2_0-stdext.jar. The jar is being added by the
RunIt.bat script at the 9th line when it iterates through the available
*.jar files in %OPENEJB_HOME%\lib directory.

In order to see why it's happening change the first line from '@echo off' to
'@echo on' and send the output. It ought to show us the difference in our
envs.

As to the xaDataSource of Pointbase, it works because the class inherits
from javax.sql.DataSource, and it does fulfil the contract. Here is the
relevant snippet from EJB1.1 spec (page 255):

<!--
The res-type element specifies the type of the data source. The type is
specified by the Java interface (or class) expected to be implemented by the
data source.
Used in: resource-ref
-->
<!ELEMENT res-type (#PCDATA)>

Thus, javax.sql.DataSource and com.pointbase.xa.xaDataSource ought to work.

Thanks for pointing it out. The document will be updated accordingly.

-Jacek