Hi Alan,
Now I have downloaded the 0.8.1 version.
I too got the same error as Zahid had regarding the
javax.sql.DataSource. I just added the j2ee.jar to the end of the
classpath in ejbserver.bat and test.bat. It "openejb test" worked
fine. I put j2ee.jar to end of te classpath so that only
DataSource is taken from the j2ee.jar

But I'm still not clear on why we shouldn't be using j2ee.jar.

Comming to xml parsing through j2ee.jar, since in this project we
are doing lot of xml parsing, different xml implementation like
xerces, crimson etc have different implementation. Suppose my
session bean needs to do some xml processing, I need to have some
xml implementation that implements jaxp. Some times XML
implementation that comes with the App server may not serve the
purpose. And may be that App Server works well with the xml
implementation that comes with the distribution. So we are stuck
with the functionality..... either this works or that works.
So my question is that is this openejb server specific to a
perticular implementation of xml? say either crimson or xerces or
that present in j2ee.jar?