Use another shell (ksh). Borne shell doesn't like the keyword 'function'.
I think this is a bug of script. It has /bin/sh at the top, but uses syntax of ksh/bash.
I think the developers couldn't catch this bug if they used something like Linux for testing.
/bin/sh in Linux is just a symbolic link to /bin/bash.
Hope this helps.
James Downer wrote:
Apologies to all if this is a question answered previously - I have just scanned the archived mailing lists for an answer but could not spot anything. I have OpenEJB running on Linux (RedHat 7.3). All is working great - I am using it with InterBase 6.01 for the database element and have just got the session bean "helloworld" going via a Servlet and yesterday cracked the Entity Bean example (using InterBase not Postgres). My query is that I would like to install and run OpenEJB on Solaris (SPARC) v9. I tried this the other day and the "openejb.sh start" command fails with an error:  openejb.sh: syntax error at line 16: `(' unexpected It appears to be a shell script problem. Can anyone out there help please? Thanks in advance for any help. Regards to all developers. Keep up the great work - OpenEJB is really coming along! James Downer.[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer                    St. Petersburg, Russia