Hi Lev,

If we talk about OpenEJB in terms of JVM instances it'd boil down to:

    * OpenEJB IntraVM = 1 JVM
    * OpenEJB Remote Server = 2+ JVMs
    * OpenEJB CORBA Server = 2+ JVMs

That said, IntraVM runs in the same JVM as the class using it -
regardless of what exactly the class is. The class would perhaps be a
servlet container - Tomcat or any Java class. In such a mode, OpenEJB is
just a bunch of classes that you'd use as you do java.lang.String or so.

However, if you really want to run 2 or more JVM instances than you
probably want OpenEJB Remote or even CORBA server. In this configuration
OpenEJB listens to remote *external from the JVM it runs within*
client's requests. The client would perhaps be a servlet or a JSP or a
JFC/Swing GUI client.

Please ask questions if you're still not convinced with the answer. At
the end, we'll put it in the documentation.

-Jacek