On Thu, 2026-08-20 at 22:29 +0200, Alexander Kanavin via
lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2026 at 15:08, Dmitry Baryshkov
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > We have it enabled in qcom-distro. If you say it's deprecated, we
> > will
> > consider checking possible alternatives.
> 
> It's not explicitly deprecated, it's just one of those things that
> isn't tested, and generally forgotten about. I'd say a better way is
> to review what it does and move useful bits to insane.bbclass or
> similar actually used QA code.

For the issue in question, we put "overwrite" detection into bitbake
itself so I think this check can be dropped. I've sent a patch just
removing this bit of code.

Cheers,

Richard

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#243887): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/243887
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/120839376/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to