On Wed, 2026-09-02 at 15:29 -0700, Vincent Davis Jr via lists.openembedded.org 
wrote:
> Hello resurfacing this,
> 
> Finally setup a layer that builds multiple distro's
> simultaneously. It doesn't set KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME.
> Builds just fine by changing TMPDIR in each multiconfig.
> Will run into issues like bellow if you don't.
> 
> ERROR: mc:liveusb-install:liveusb-install-linux-6.12.101-r0 do_packagedata:
> Recipe liveusb-install-linux is trying to install files into a shared area
> when those files already exist. The files and the manifests listing them are:
>   /../../runtime-rprovides/kernel-6.12.101-amd-tiny/kernel-base
> 
> I think if we want the kernel-XXX prefix to be the default namespace we may
> need to remove KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME entirely and force user to build
> in different TMPDIR's. Which I'm fine with that. I also think the original
> ideal was to 1 allow a single TMPDIR to be used and 2 have better
> separation between the kernels when using a package manager.
> If you build 2 separate kernels, but they both have the same package
> name which one would the package manager install.
> 
> To fix this I have to set KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME.

Have you tried setting PACKAGE_ARCH and adding a new level of packaging
architecture to PACKAGE_ARCHS?

It will default to MACHINE_ARCH for a kernel but defining a new one
should avoid some of the clashes as above...

Cheers,

Richard
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#244992): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/244992
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/120238087/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to