On 9/9/2026 4:02 PM, Richard Purdie via lists.openembedded.org wrote:

CAUTION: This email comes from a non Wind River email account!
Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know 
the content is safe.

Hi Everyone,

There are a few areas we could do with some help at the moment:

a) ptest in util-linux failing for qemuriscv64:
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/valkyrie/#/builders/56/builds/2369

b) Finding better tests for the github related bitbake-selftests. I've
made good progress at removing github.com references from
https://git.openembedded.org/bitbake/tree/lib/bb/tests/fetch.py but
some still remain. I also have not rewritten all the submodules to not
use github for the underlying submodules in all cases. The ones that
are left are:

test_gomod_url
test_gomod_url_go_mod_only
test_gomodgit_url_subdir
test_git_submodule_iotedge

You can also now see timing data on:
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/valkyrie/#/builders/23/builds/4848/steps/14/logs/stdio

and help with speeding any of these up would also be welcome!

c) The xserver startup issues:
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13908

d) Reproducibility on x86 vs arm hosts. Alejandro has made good
progress with identifying many of the rust related issues but there are
some non-rust issues remaining. One key set of diffs are these:

https://valkyrie.yocto.io/pub/repro-fail/oe-reproducible-20260908-sv8uww77/packages/diff-html/

Particularly the perl issue, the locale change and numpy config issues.

Any help on these welcome, just let us know if you're working on
anything to avoid duplication.

Hi Richard,

On point (d), just to avoid duplicating work: I’ve been looking into the x86 
vs. ARM host reproducibility failures for some time now,
mainly around the Rust and Git issues.

For rust/rust-dbg, the remaining diff after the SVH work appears to be caused 
by the build path leaking into object file names
during the Rust build. I have a fairly good understanding of the issue now and 
am validating a fix locally.
Once confirmed, I’ll post the analysis and patch.

I’ve also been looking into the Rust test suite failures seen with Alejandro’s 
v5 series, and I believe I understand what’s happening there.
I’ll follow up separately on that thread with more details and a suggested 
rework, so the SVH improvements aren’t lost.

For git/git-dbg, this is the HOST_CPU issue I mentioned earlier in the thread. 
I’ve since confirmed the fix locally and will send the patch shortly.

I’m not currently looking into the Perl, Locale, or NumPy diffs, so those are 
available for anyone else to pick up.

Thanks,
Sunil Dora



Cheers,

Richard















-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#245568): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/245568
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121159956/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to