Hi Zhan Xusheng,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 10:28:56AM +0800, Zhan Xusheng wrote:
> sstate_touch_atime() catches OSError unconditionally, so ENOSPC, EIO
> and ESTALE are silent at those three now.  Deliberate?

No, that was an oversight when the three call sites were merged into one
helper. v3 restores the original filter: PermissionError and EROFS are
ignored, everything else propagates.

> scripts/sstate-cache-management.py is the consumer, and the patch helps it.

Thanks, that is a much better motivation than what I had. I replaced the
vague sentence with the effect on --remove-duplicated.

> st_mtime is a float; writing it back moves the modification time by
> -112 ns on ext4 here, once.

Confirmed here as well, I measured -73 ns. v3 uses the ns
form.

Thanks for the careful review.

Best regards
Michael
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#245620): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/245620
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121188981/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to