On 9/11/2026 8:20 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
CAUTION: This email comes from a non Wind River email account!
Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know 
the content is safe.


On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 7:41 AM Richard Purdie 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
wrote:
On Fri, 2026-09-11 at 17:22 +0530, Dora, Sunil Kumar via 
lists.openembedded.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.openembedded.org__;!!AjveYdw8EvQ!aQCij3V2BLlPvNCdvcopqQIL4DJy8XDYqAVJUl6wB9JBry15-V2vMwNp5TzQ_BzxBln6AeJCIUx5P6_qOimMS3o$>
 wrote:
> From: Sunil Dora 
> <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
>
> https://discourse.llvm.org/t/llvm-23-1-1-released/91760<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://discourse.llvm.org/t/llvm-23-1-1-released/91760__;!!AjveYdw8EvQ!aQCij3V2BLlPvNCdvcopqQIL4DJy8XDYqAVJUl6wB9JBry15-V2vMwNp5TzQ_BzxBln6AeJCIUx5P6_qDTW22vk$>
>
> Drop 0035-libc-Disable-float16-on-32-bit-x86-without-SSE2.patch and
> mark the musl ssp_nonshared driver patch as a backport: both fixes
> are included in this release.

Sorry, I don't quite follow. Why are we marking it as a backport if it
is included in the release?

Good point, I thought backport to 23 release branch was after the 23.1.1 
release tag was made but it
is included in tag so I wonder if release tarballs do not have it ?
My mistake, this one should have been dropped as well. The fix is already in 
the 23.1.1 tarball,
Gnu.cpp has it and the new test clang/test/Driver/linux-musl-ssp.c is also 
there.
Our patch was still applying because it adds -lssp_nonshared at a different 
place in the link line,
so we were linking it twice.

I tested with the musl cross clang without 0004, -fstack-protector-strong still 
adds -lssp_nonshared and
-fno-stack-protector does not. Will send v2 with 0004 dropped too.

Thanks,
Sunil



Cheers,

Richard

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#245662): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/245662
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121196781/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to