On Thu, 2026-10-01 at 16:34 +0000, Ross Burton via lists.openembedded.org wrote: > On 23 Sep 2026, at 20:04, Trevor Gamblin via lists.openembedded.org > <[email protected]> wrote: > > +# Matches the section titles "resulttool report" prints before each > > +# Recipe/Passed/Failed/Skipped/Time(s) table (see > > template/test_report_full_text.txt) > > +REPORT_SECTION_RE = re.compile( > > + r'^\S+ (?:PTest Result Summary \(Libc: [^)]+\)|Ltp Test Result > > Summary|Ltp Posix Result Summary)$') > > +REPORT_ROW_RE = re.compile( > > + > > r'^(?P<name>\S.*?)\s*\|\s*\d+\s*\|\s*\d+\s*\|\s*\d+\s*\|\s*(?P<duration>\d+(?:\.\d+)?)\s*T?\s*$') > > Is there a use case for when you have resulttool, a textual summary, > but not the JSON test data? I’m wondering if this functionality is > useful enough to justify having a fragile regex-based parser on a > file that we don’t commit to maintaining the format of.
I'd add that the test cases for this are fragile. They hardcode the current report output whilst we really want to ensure that the current report output would work properly. I do think having some duration support in resulttool would be nice but I suspect we don't need the report parsing piece. Most cases where you have the report you would have or can get the json results. Cheers, Richard
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Links: You receive all messages sent to this group. View/Reply Online (#247151): https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/247151 Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121399134/21656 Group Owner: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub [[email protected]] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
