On 04/06/2011 11:32 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Tom Rini <tom_r...@mentor.com> wrote:

>>> 5.9 was released few days back so that patch might be lean for now
>>> but I assume overtime it will get fatter
>>
>> It's invalid at the moment, yes.  But you haven't explained why ncurses
>> needs to be in the bleeding edge bucket.  Usually this is for stuff that
>> hasn't really reached a stability point.
>>
> It does not have to be but those patches are cumulative fixed that are done
> on top of a release. I am sure we will also run into the problems those will
> fix thats why its better to keep and eye on them

That can be said for just about every recipe we have.  It sounds like
you're suggesting we need _svn recipe or similar recipe for ncurses as
well.  I still don't see why ncurses is special in this regard and ask
that when you see a worthwhile patch for ncurses 5.9 that you do another
pull request.  I'm just trying to keep oe-core in sync with
openembedded.master.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation