On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 23:23 +0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > The reason to touch this part of code is that the test itself doesn't
> > work for newer versions of GNU patch, see:
> > ??http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2010-06/msg00002.html
> > This surely fixes the configure error, but is logically not suitable for
> > cross compiling.
>
> As I understand you are trying to fix quilt target recipe. Then may it
> will be better to take the above
> patch for both target and native but apply this
> workaround conditionally only for target recipe

This was once backported, but subsequently reverted, see:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=ec740ac770d2124cbae1ab936d85b8343076c53b

autoconf-native is not available at the point of quilt-native, so
autoreconf is not desirable. This is also the reason for separation
of quilt and quilt-native from the very beginning.

Apart from that, the workaround is solely for target recipe.

> there are options --with-patch --with-diff also
> there to point these utilities

The problem still lies in cross building:
  --with-patch=${bindir}/patch          at build time, it's /usr/bin/patch
                                        which is host utility, if target
                                        ${bindir} /= /usr/bin, the file
                                        may not exist.

  --with-patch=${STAGING_BINDIR}/patch  causes runtime error as
                                        ${STAGING_BINDIR} leaks into target
scripts

  --with-patch=patch                    this may work, but may fail (in case
                                        the target scripts unset PATH)

This is the problem of such tests without the concept of a target
sysroot.

Thanks,
Qing