On 05/09/2011 10:53 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 9 mei 2011, om 19:32 heeft Franz Leitl het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Montag 09 Mai 2011, 18:28:06 schrieben Sie:

>>> The bounds.h should not need to be recreated. It is created during the
>>> build of the kernel, and since 2.6.26, the makefile knows not to remove
>>> it.
>> Compache does not build without bounds.h and this file is missing in the
>> staging directory for what ever reason.
>
> I ran into the same and I did the following:
>
> http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/commit/?id=7bcba149f05cc9c5d8ce956ee40e2c6849601470

Thanks Koen, I knew we had discussed this once before. In your case,
IIRC, you found that the "make clean" deleted bounds.h, even with the
fix from 2.6.26 applied.

At the time we agreed that patching the kernel bbclasses for a bug in a
particular kernel version wasn't a good plan. I'm concerned that Franz
is hitting this with 2.6.34.

Franz, can you confirm that bounds.h exists before the clean and does
not exist after the clean? Some simple instrumentation to kernel.bbclass
should be able to do this.

If so, we need to look into why that is happening. Simply not deleting
the C files from the source isn't an acceptable fix to save 1 file.

--
Darren

> regards,
>
> Koen