On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2018-03-10 at 22:04 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
>> Feel free to ignore my feedback.
>>
>> I didn't mean it as strong objection to get this merged as-is.
>>
>> It was rather an advice for next time or in case another version is
>> sent (e.g. with that missing patch from Khem) and Juro decides to
>> rework it in order to save himself some time later when preparing the
>> changes for pyro and rocko (as he said in the e-mail that he plans to
>> prepare). It shouldn't be too difficult to rework anyway, because
>> Andre already has the cherry-picks for morty and Juro can do just
>> rebase of his change on top of that to get those new patches in
>> separate commit.
>
> Juro's mail reply was a bit messed up with formatting but that missing
> arm patch appeared to cause an internal compiler error when compiling
> valgrind for x86-64 and I suspect that is why its missing. If we do
> want to consider that one I'd probably make it a separate issue.
>
> I can't really merge anything due to our backports policy until we have
> at least the pyro patches sorted. I'm still torn on which way to go but
> if someone can pull together a good set of patches for the various
> branches I would take it. I'm also pretty sure Juro will be fine if
> someone wants to break that patch up.

If you need a starting point, my patches to backport gcc 6.4 into pyro
are in the "oe23b" branch of

  https://github.com/lgirdk/openembedded-core.git

It should be easy to port Juro's new x86 specific patches on top.

The patches to update rocko to gcc 6.4 are in the "oe24b" branch.