On 03/22/2018 08:06 AM, ChenQi wrote:
The test framework meson uses is like:

|e = executable('prog', 'testprog.c') test('name of test', e)|

http://mesonbuild.com/Unit-tests.html

So they could be defined in any valid meson.build file. In systemd's case, most of them are in top-level meson.build.

I agree with you that it's possible to extract all these test cases and hold them in a custom script we write. I think this could serve as a fall-back approach to adding ptest support for systemd. But I'd like to spend some time to try to find a more general approach, avoiding headaches when upgrading.

That's right. We probably need to put some kind of 'hook' inside meson's test() that would copy the test case to a ptest directory, instead of running it.

Alex