On 04/13/2018 11:29 PM, Bystricky, Juro wrote:
Yes, I do get warnings, but in both cases (skipping the renaming and also if
renamed  with MLPREFIX):
WARNING: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: The postinstall intercept
hook 'update_gio_module_cache-nativesdk' failed, details in
/data/master-master/poky/build-x86_64-mingw32-sdk-core-image-minimal/tmp/work/qemux86_64-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk

So skipping the renaming will at least give me a correctly named executable in
the package.

The correctly named executable is the renamed one, as it is then consistent with what is in every other nativesdk- package (Linux-hosted ones), so the intercept script can properly pick it up. It is not used anywhere else except there.

Are you sure the postinst-intercepts can even work with Windows .exe
executables?
If I understand this correctly, you use a qemuwrapper attempting to run Windows
executable, and I
cannot imagine this would work. But maybe I am missing something here.

This is tangential to how the executable should be called. Yes, the qemuwrapper is allowed to fail, that why it's a warning and not a hard failure. When building target images, the fallback to this failure is deferring the script to first boot. For SDKs we currently do nothing, which means package installation isn't really completed. If SDKs aren't able to function properly because of this, we can implement a similar deferral of some kind to the environment where those binaries can be executed natively without emulation.

Alex