Hello all,

I have implemented a simple custom progress handler in
bitbake/lib/bb/progress.py. It's designed to handle bar-style progress. To use
it for my shell tasks, I have modified "exec_func_shell" in
bitbake/lib/bb/build.py. It's implemented as a new value for the "progress"
varflag.

Is there a better, more extensible way to add a custom progress handler that
doesn't require modifying progress.py and build.py? It would be nice to be able
to specify the name of the progress handler class to use (e.g. via a
[progress-class] varflag) and then have build.py dynamically instantiate it. Is
that possible? If so, would OE be interested in a patch to implement it?

Thanks,
Chris