On 2019年04月16日 00:21, Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 07:19:13AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

What are you trying to convey ? That’s what I mentioned before I began my
reply however to reiterate my point was if a package is not usually built
and tested with this combination which is evident because it fails to build
then how good would it be if we fix this error especially complex packages
like compilers so is it worth to fix them or disable Og for them

Packages that usually get built and tested with -Og should be pretty rare,
and these specific build failures are better at finding the rare packages
that use -Werror than pointing at potential miscompilations.

From a distribution point of view, a package build with -Werror by
default is arguably a bug since this frequently breaks when something
is changed (usually the compiler version).

-Og is better suited than the -O that was previously used for debugging,
but are we talking about debug builds or production builds?
If users would be using DEBUG_OPTIMIZATION in production builds that

Thanks Adrian and Khem's response!
We indeed don't use DEBUG_OPTIMIZATION in production build.

But still comes question: how to silence gcc-sanitizers build failure when debug build enabled?

Thanks,

would be wrong - this will always be a mostly untested situation
with an increased probability of hitting bugs noone else has seen
before.

cu
Adrian