Yes, I am preparing recipes for that, based on the work from Philippe Normand <ph...@igalia.com>.

On 20.05.19 19:49, Khem Raj wrote:

On 5/14/19 1:19 AM, Carlos Rafael Giani wrote:
 From what I have seen, meson support is stable now.

Also, in GStreamer, autotools is now considered a legacy build system, and will be removed in future released. From https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/releases/1.16/ :

 > The Meson build system build is now feature-complete (*) and it is now the recommended build system on all platforms and also used by Cerbero to build GStreamer on all platforms. The Autotools build is scheduled to be removed in the next cycle. Developers who currently use gst-uninstalled should move to gst-build. The build option naming has been cleaned up and made consistent and there are now feature options to enable/disable plugins and various other features on a case-by-case basis. (*) with the exception of plugin docs which will be handled differently in future

GStreamer recipe upgrades to 1.16.0 have been sent in as a pull request to meta-gstreamer1.0 . Once these are in, I'm considering to switch the recipes to meson. Are there any potential issues with that? For example, anything special about meson and GObject introspection I should know about?

are you doing the 1.16 upgrade to OE-Core as well ?