On 8/19/19 11:49 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 1:48 PM Mark Hatle <mark.ha...@windriver.com> wrote:

>>> The autobuilder should be exercising this, so when it's fixed we need to
>>> ensure the AB covers the case Otavio is hitting.
>>
>> If they are both enabled what is the expected functionality of the system?
>> (which is init, etc...)
>
> The image needs to pick the desired ones.

Ok.. so build both packages.. and then come install time, one or the other must
be in the PACKAGE_INSTALL (however the image chooses to do this), and the other
should NOT be included.

This could be problematic, as I've seen recipes build with systemd dependencies
in them.  (Both initscripts as well as system health monitoring and such..  That
would conflict with a sysvinit [or systemd] if configured for the other.)
Someone may need to review dependencies in the system looking for things that
depend on systemd... or have a systemd/sysvinit 'conflict' of some kind.  (I've
not attempted such an audit before.)

I would be interested in seeing dependency graphs on this.  In my own work I've
selected one or the other at the distribution level, not image level.

--Mark