Hi,

I was fighting with building chromium-x11 using our warrior
based custom distro that was always failing at the same spot.

That spot is when Chromium wants to run cross-compiled binaries
in the v8 directory. The binaries all failed with the same error:

python ../../v8/tools/run.py ./v8-qemu-wrapper.sh ./bytecode_builtins_list_generator gen/v8/builtins-generated/bytecodes-builtins-list.h ./bytecode_builtins_list_generator: relocation error: /data/OE/sicom-manifest-2.7/tmp-sicom-glibc/work/core2-32-sicom-linux/chromium-x11/76.0.3809.132-r0/recipe-sysroot /usr/lib/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_exception_create, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference

It turns out, all target binaries reference /lib/ld-linux.so.2
but there is no lib -> usr/lib symlink in recipe-sysroot, so the
binary running in Qemu will not find /lib/ld-linux.so.2, hence
the runtime failure.

It seems this symlink is only intended to get created during rootfs creation.

When I created this symlink manually after the failed build, the
second attempt succeeded.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi